Friday, April 1, 2011

Imagination!

My children have such a wonderful, vivid imagination.  I love it.  I remember when I was a little girl I had such a wonderful imagination.  Heck, I think I still do sometimes but I know as I've gotten older I "lost" some of it.  I'm just glad I have children who remind me what it's like to be a child.

Right now the kids have built a tent in the living room, complete with surgery rooms in them.  They have brought a few stuffed animals out of the bedroom.  They are taking care of a sick raccoon, feeding the cats and doing something to the barking dogs.  It really is quite cute.  Although, it does make me wonder if I let them watch Animal Cops too much.  It's amazing how much they love that show.  In fact, Preslie (who has always wanted to be a vet since she learned the word) has said she would love to work for the ASPCA.  In fact, Animal Cops has opened my eyes to a few things as well.  In fact, I was just talking to Cody the other day about once we buy the "farm" that I would love to foster animals.  Which now, that has led to maybe a rescue center.  Maybe one day I can win the lottery and get that going.  My kids would be in heaven and think of all of those animals we'd be helping.

Today is also April Fool's Day.  Can I just say I really am not a fan of this day.  I'm not a big prank person but when you have kids, this day is just a little wild.  Every 5 mins I hear "mom, there's a cat on your head", "mom, there's a package at the door", "mom, dad is home with ice cream", "mom" well you get the picture.  After every statement, it's followed by "April Fool's".  They don't even want to you to think for 2 seconds about what they just said.

 I have decided that today is a 2 cup of coffee day though.  I usually have the first and only cup around lunch time.  Not today.  I've got the first cup in my system and then second cup will come this afternoon.

And colds, what is with them?  I had a head cold a few weeks back, complete with ear clogging.  That soon left but it came back on Sunday.  I hate having my ear clogged.  It feels like my whole head is in a cloud and I can't hear but I can hear.  If that makes sense.  I hear echo's and it's really loud.  Off to take allergy meds to hope I can clear it up.

No comments: