Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Being a Mom!

I've been thinking of typing out this for a few days, but time has not been my friend.  I guess that's a good thing because it just means I've thought a little bit more.

I was recently on a website I frequent and I read something posted about "what we give up as mothers".  I don't think that is what it was really called but something about complaining that they don't think the dads give up as much.  They talked about giving up our bodies, our fun and all kinds of stuff.  I have to say that as I mother, I don't feel like I gave anything up.  I feel like I was given so much.

*I'm given unconditional love.  A love that never questions when I raise my voice or get upset
*All the hugs and kisses I could ever ask for.
*They joy of seeing my children smile
*The joy of being down and looking at my children and smiling
*Teaching my children things and them teaching me things

Those are just a few things.  It would really take entirely too long to type everything out.

Aside from Cody, my children are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.  They have made me a better person.  They have given the patience that I seemed to be lacking my whole life.  They have taught me that the laundry, dishes and cleaning can wait.  They can't.  They have taught me that it's ok to make a mess.  That one was a little hard for me to grasp because I still want them to remain perfectly clean.

I love my children with all that I am and I think God everyday for choosing me to be their mom.  I feel so blessed that he thinks a person who can raise them to be good people.  Sometimes I question that and I know I shouldn't.

No comments: